With access to a wealth of opportunities and resources, the AFT has something for you.
- Working together, we improve the quality of the services we provide to those we serve, making our institutions better and stronger.
- By standing with our 1.6 million members, we make our voices heard on the national, state and local levels.
- By building a union, we improve our working conditions, our benefits and our ongoing professional education.
- We don’t simply work in a community, we work with our community to better our neighborhoods and achieve social justice for all.
As an AFT member and through involvement in your local union, you have an advantage.
- the power to bargain
- the power to negotiate
- the power to change things, win improvements, and accomplish the goals that matter to you and to the people you serve
In addition, your membership comes with the following:
- Access to exclusive member benefits and services.
- Access to a variety of resources and information.
- Regular communications from the AFT with award-winning, constituency-specific newsletters:
- American Teacher
- PSRP Reporter
- AFT On Campus
- Public Employee Advocate
- PreK-12 teachers and higher education faculty and staff also receive our quarterly magazine, American Educator.